Thursday, March 29, 2012
I apologize for the lack of depth in my recent blog posts, I really do. However, I've found that it's best to not force blogging, and instead simply write about (or show) what inspires. This way entries are honest, and quite personal. That being said, are you all now completely aware of how badly I'm craving a beach? Somewhere sunny to do nothing other than lay out and sip on fruity cocktails? You've gotten that vibe from me? You understand that the only things I want to be shopping for are string bikinis and cotton sundresses? Okay, good. Well, now that we're on the same page, I love the images below. They're feeding my most recent craving for all things tropical.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
The first time I saw Jennifer Lawrence, I thought she was a total doll. Not a fashion icon, but a pretty, talented, young lady. Lately, her red carpet style has me thinking differently - she's coming into her own (style-wise) and has chosen youthful, sexy, and appropriate looks while promoting her latest film The Hunger Games. And at the red carpet premier? Wowza. Her hair and makeup is straight up dreamy and I'm *completely* in love with it.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
The weather here in Iowa (and most of the midwest) has been scary warm. Magnolia trees are in full bloom, the grass is now green, and I still have to pinch myself when I walk outside every morning in light blouses. The past fews days have been rainy. But the kind of rainy you can't help but love. Soft, and warm, and the kind that unthaws the earth to make the air smell so pretty. Here are some things that have me wanting to indulge in this warm weather all the more.
|Tea in the Spring is very different from tea in the winter. I ditch the richly spiced flavors for everything floral - my favorite being a good jasmine tea. Nothing is more refreshing and just sipping on it makes me happy.|
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
The way eyebrows can completely transform a face has amazed me for years now. When I was in 8th grade I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time, and the experience was life-altering. I instantly went from looking like a scruffy kid, to a young lady. Now that I'm older my eye brow routine consists of threadings every few weeks, but lately I have found I'm constantly wishing for a fuller brow. My little sister went from pin thin brows to full, Bambi Northwood-Blyth beauties. "Just don't touch them," she instructed me a few months ago. Ha! So much easier said than done. The diagram above shows just how much brows can define a person. And below are some of my favorite brows of all time. This post has inspired me to take a trip to my local Sephora and get brow pencil and gel - and hopefully the restraint from plucking for some fuller brows.
Best in Brows
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
- Make Lists - I break it down by what outfits I'll wear on what days. This gives me an idea of how much I actually need to bring and is a good way to avoid over-packing.
- Choose Versatile Pieces - A good pair of jeans/shorts, a simple cardigan, and great sandals are all pieces I know I'll wear more than once on a trip.
- Travel Size Beauty Products - I always get shampoo & conditioner, face wash, tooth paste, and body lotion in travel sized forms. That way I can just toss them when I'm ready to head home. Same goes for disposable razors and toothbrushes.
- Cheap & Chic Jewelry - I have a little pouch I keep full of "basic baubles". There's a big gold cuff, some sparkly hoops, simple faux diamond studs, and a long, layer-able necklace that I always bring w/ me when I travel. I keep my good (aka valuable) stuff at home where it's safe & sound.
- Two Pairs of Shoes Limit - This is my toughest rule to follow. I only allow myself to pack two pairs of shoes (in addition to the pair I'm wearing. But it's such a space saver. Shoes take up lots of space and often times you're going to be wearing one pair the most.
- Make Use of Your Purse - I always travel with a huge purse. You need space for passports, reading material, wallets, and other essentials - and it's nice to be able to grab that item you "almost forgot" and simply stuff it in your bag as opposed to re-arranging your suitcase.
- Re-Pack Beauty Products - If you're anything like me, your makeup bag is full of products, but you only use a third of them on a regular day. When I travel, I like to take just the basics and put them in a smaller cosmetic case.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
I've loved a good piece of snake jewelry for as long as I can remember. There's something sexy, retro, and playful about a jeweled little snake wrapped around your wrist or arm. I found this bracelet from Aurelie Bidermann and wanted it instantly. It's the perfect spring and summer accessory and would be just the thing to add some sex appeal to a simple bright tank and cut-off shorts.
Aurelie Bidermann Asclepios 18 karat gold plated cuff
I've actually been waiting for this. Ever since Charlotte Casiraghi graced the cover of Vogue Paris last September (see it here and another post on her here) I knew it was only a matter of time before a luxury label asked her to be the face of their brand. And who better than Gucci? Charlotte is the epitome of jet-set chic and I can't wait to see more from this campaign.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
On the heels of yesterday's summer themed post, I couldn't help but follow up with this amazing style inspiration from Bianca Brandolini d'Adda. She's an Italian model and socialite, and is also royalty. But even more striking than her royal credentials, is her ability to style an outfit. This look is summer outfit perfection. The messy hair, the simple tee, the fancy shorts, the incredible accessories. It's the kind of outfit that makes me want to shop. And if an outfit does, that? Well, whoever styled it did a darn good job.